Friday, January 23, 2009

52.

I've neglected my blog for over a week and here I am looking through my bookmarked toolbar of 30+ blogs being upset that I don't have more than one new one to read today. Well aren't I a brat.

I guess I haven't really felt the need to update about anything in particluar otherwise I would of done so a few days ago. I've been working quite a bit this week. I've been knitting a little less than usual because I'm being plagued by Jaywalkers and Claudia hand painted yarn. I was stupid in my yarn purchase choice to knit the Jaywalkers with because I didn't read the yardage. Now, here I am - terrified I'm not going to make it to the end of the foot and I'll have to rip back to make the leg shorter. In lieu of being this terrified, I haven't picked up in my knitting in 2 days. This is what happens to me. I get scared and I run away from my knitting (yes- i'm being incredibly over dramatic but, i think it will probably make it more interesting of a read).

Just for the sake of posting a photo - here was my Jaywalker progress as of a couple days ago :
I haven't really progressed much. I'm maybe 2.5" into the middle of the foot now with a very tiny ball of yarn left...

So many of my friends are pregnant right now - I'm not sure what I'm going to knit them. My friend Kat who's wedding I was in 2 January's ago is going to have a baby in Aug. Her shower is going to be at the end of June so, all my lovely lady friends who have all moved to different corners of the country and going to reunite in Kansas CIty for her baby shower and I need to come prepared with something beautiful for this baby (who I think should be named Erin).

I also have another friend from Louisianna who's all knocked up! This one is a seamstress extrordinaire... so I need to figure out what I can knit that she can't sew. I've got time for that one too I suppose - any suggestions on baby stuff?

I had a makeup job yesterday for a couple of hours. I did makeup on a 16 year old girl who is a Theatre Singer. I'm not really that sure what that means but, she needed head shots to send out so - that's what we did. Nice and simple job.

My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. I refuse to make any plans this year for it as last year was slightly dissapointing. Planning your own party isn't really that fun anyway. Not to mention I'm not exacitally what you would call "ready" to be another year older. I think I'm going to hang on to the year that I've got now for a few more months. I'm enjoying it. BUT, even though I'm planning on keeping the same age... Should any of my friends feel inclined to get me this, I would be very much appreciative. I found this little gem on my lovely friend Maia's blog which I recently discovered the other day.

Anyway, I'm going to do some research on knitted dog sweaters because Frank is too damn cute to not have one. I think he also feels neglected because I keep knitting hats for my boyfriend.

x

P.S friends : I also really wanted this when I went to Miami but iO convinced me that I shouldn't spend 28$ on a necklace. So, if anyone knows of where I could get something similiar to this without spending 28$ at Urban Outfitters, I'd be quite thankful.



4 comments:

andrea said...

OOoh, that watch is nice! Could you maybe DIY it with a watch face from the flea market and a bunch of leather strips?? I bet you could!!

You should knit the February baby sweater from Elizabeth Zimmermann...I love knitting adult-size ones!

I keep meaning to post -- and to do the photo tag thing! I don't have the internet at home anymore so I'm here at this gross coffeeshop. Soon, soon!

andrea said...

Oh, and look up that necklace on etsy. You can make one for less than $28!

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=tag_title_supplies&search_query=vintage+watch

craftivore said...

I've recently discovered google reader which is a nice way of keeping track of who has a fresh post. I've always wanted to make a pair of Jaywalkers, I can't wait to see how yours turn out.

bukie said...

i got one of those clock necklaces at the rose bowl flea market. maybe you should buy a ticket out there to buy one for $15. sweet deal.