Tuesday, February 15, 2011

115.

I am a soft butter kind of girl, I don't like when the butter stays in the fridge and is too hard to spread on bread or toast in the morning (or afternoon or evening). I have always had a butter dish for as long as I figured out that I hated cold butter.


A week ago I went to Fishs Eddy with my roomate to get some mason jars and such for the reorganization of our pantry. We're all about living in a big girl apartment and having big girl things over here in Brooklyn. When I told my man friend I was he was adamant about me not looking at or buying anything else while I was in there. I was only to get mason jars and get out.

I thought it was weird but, he's a weird guy so I (thought) did what he told me and bought some mason jars (and a butter dish). Low and behold, one of his birthday gifts (aside from cooking the amazing braised short ribs and beet+fennel salad) was to get me a butter dish from Fishs Eddy so, I ruined it. How was I supposed to know he was going to get me a butter dish!? It's the only other thing in that store i would have wanted... ... ... Shit.



Regardless, he went to the store and got me another kind of butter dish so now I have 2. I decided to use the one he got me as a HONEY butter dish after my recent love affair with the buiscuits + honey butter at Commodore. Super delicious and super easy to make:



(for this size butter dish)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon agave
1 pinch of salt
mix the hell out of it

fin/



xx

2 comments:

yoel said...

That's funny. A good man!

I am so excited that Fish's Eddy is still open. I had heard it had been absorbed into some other housewares chain. Yay!

Yarny Days said...

Haha. What a story! And love your recipe. Cant wait to try it.