Monday, March 7, 2011

116.


A big-ish kind of update I suppose. I've been secretly working on socks for my boyfriend for the last couple of weeks or so but, he doesn't exactly have a normal size foot so making them too small is a very likely thing to happen. I ended up having to break the surprise so that I could measure his foot as I go. Hows about a pair of handmade socks for a size 16 foot... Yeah.




I also went on another tie dye spree with Christy last week and made up some new socks, tshirts, underwear & baby rompers. Everything turned out pretty cute except for when I hung everything to dry I apparently had not rinsed enough of the dye out so I got some random colored spots on things. Most importantly the underwear I did for my man friend turned out fabulously but, not fabulously enough to actually fit him. Sadly a large at the dept. store across the street from my house means a size 30-32 which is definitely not large. I suppose I will re-gift and come up with something else for him.




I went to PA with some friends this last weekend and picked up some thrifty stuff. I'll be putting these two things + a few more on my Etsy and re-newing some old knitted listings.




So, I guess this post wasn't that big - just chock full of pictures.

x

6 comments:

tara-lynn / good night, day said...

i wish you updated more! i love your photos, take more please.
have you ever dyed wool, i want to dye some merino nude wool after its knit, by dipping it, do you think this is possible?

erngrn said...

i think if the knit was small enough you could totally tie die it. I think it would look cool even dip dyed... like the way people are all about 'hombre'-ing their hair.

ha i'll try and update more ;) i have like 3 blogs so its hard to keep up haha

tara-lynn / good night, day said...

yes i want to just dip it! some bras & tops, its creme merino wool, thanks babe, would you recommend food dyes?

erngrn said...

hmm i think you should knit little testers and try it with a couple different dyes. we used regular clothing dye and it works great but food dies might be good too...

acommonthread said...

i agree - more updates! and i like how you display your socks with money for comparison. AND, i just bought a pair of shoes JUST LIKE THAT from etsy. so strange....!

Credit Loan Solution said...

Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Your Name:...............
Your Country:...............
Your Occupation:...............
Loan Amount Needed:...............
Loan Duration...............
Monthly Income:...............
Your Telephone Number:.....................
Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com