Tuesday, February 1, 2011


Sometime last week I had a bunch of ladies over for a dreamcatcher making evening in my new apartment that I think went fabulously. I spent the afternoon wandering around in the slush looking for some kind of plastic O shaped thing because I hadn't yet looked up what dream catchers are exactly made out of, probably something I should have done before I went out on my shopping for supplies mission.

Either way, after a few hours of going to all the wrong stores I decided on some moldable wire.

We braided the wire and squeezed it together with plyers to make it a bit more secure then molded them into circles. Next time, I am definitely going to be ordering the rings online because that process took a lot longer than I thought it was going to. Next, I took some yarn and wrapped it around the newly made 'O' to make it a bit thicker all the way around. Finally I wrapped it with a piece of thin, wide suede.

figuring out the inside webbing was a bit tricky but Christy having macramed in the past figured out a pretty good way of doing it. I on the other hand broke down and youtubed a how-to video on the webbing.

Either way, they all turned out pretty amazing and there have been renegade feathers popping up all over my apartment for the last week.

I can't wait to make all of my friends forever, dreamcatchers for their birthdays.

I'm pretty happy with the way mine turned out. I think the next time I'm going to go overboard with the feathers though. Just get nuts with it.

1 comment:

softspoken said...

oh man, ANOTHER project to add to my to-do list :)